Tuesday 5 August 2014

Ebike vs. Escooter

When I mention that I ride an e-bike to work, people immediately assume I'm talking about a e-scooter.

For me, it's clear that these are two different things and provide two different modes of transportation.  I myself have no interest in owning a E-scooter, they don't achieve any of my personal goals but for many people they are ideal and they are popular in the city of Ottawa (Ontario, Canada).

Both are allow on the bike paths, both have batteries, both have two wheels (sometimes three), etc.  But one provides exercise and the other is just transportation which must be boring, since they aren't allowed to go faster then 32km either!

I went over to Ottwatt (e-scooter place in Ottawa) to try out why people use the e-scooter and I can tell you, I didn't like it at all.  The PAS had zero resistance, the bike felt slow and over all boring.  I can say, that compared to other e-scooter it was better but it just wasn't for me.

I tried to get a eBike riding group together in Ottawa but I've only received two responses so far and both are on E-Scooters riders.  Having a riding group for them, would feel more like a "E-Scooter Gang" more then a riding group :)  If I can get a e-riding group together, I won't exclude the E-scooter people.


Lessons Learned:
  • I made the right choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment