Friday 18 July 2014

What the heck was that?!

Okay, so I'm not the fastest person on the bike path or roads but I'm not the slowest either.  I've come to the conclusion that a mirror on a bike is essential to have now.  Some people are passing me at double my speed, no warning (whistle, bell chime, or "On your left").  To be safe on the roads/paths I need to be aware of what is coming at me from behind.

When riding in traffic I move out the mirror ever so slightly, so I can see if a car is going to drive really close to me, trying to cut you off.  I'm sure I've had a few people intentionally try to squeeze me off the road.

This style of mirror was perfect for me, just hangs out far enough I can see around my larger sized body.  I don't need one on my right. The left does all the work.  And besides I don't want to look to much like a motor bike... ESH!

Lessons Learned:

  • Don't just worry about your own driving, be aware of everyone elses driving too.

No comments:

Post a Comment