Tuesday 15 July 2014

Slicks or Not to Slick, that is my question...

I've been driving the bike on Urban roads and bike paths for about 1500km now and I can already see the wear on the tires.  The spider tires are going to wear out a lot faster then I anticipated, I'm sure I'll get to winter with them on but I don't think I'll be using them in the spring.  I need to go down to my newest and favorite bike shop sometime soon and order some Black Floyd tires from Surly tires. 

I'm a firm believer of the right tool for the right job and in this case, these tires are designed for Urban driving and not just for riding on sand and gavel. I must say, I am driving this bike everywhere.. Going to work everyday and when Saturday comes around, I still want to go for a bike ride!

Here's a review of the tires.  Not overly informative but you get to see the tires in action.

No comments:

Post a Comment