Tuesday 29 July 2014

305lbs and dropping.

I'm not trying to weight myself, as this isn't a diet.  It's a slight adjustment to my life style but about once a month I weigh myself.

I can't believe how much weight I've dropped in such little time.  I'm down to 305lbs and all my pants are super loose or just don't fit anymore. 

Eating better, biking back and fourth (44/km per day) to work has been really paying off and I'm having fun doing it.  I'm thinking that the weight loss won't continue to drop off this fast but I'll take what I can get.

I've been slowly trying to peel my kids away from their monitors and get them biking too.  When I go with them, I normally just leave the battery at home. I've become very use to going longer and longer with out using the motor, which is amazing.  My legs are much stronger and I'm having a lot more energy.   The other night after a long bike ride home, I ended up taking a nice long walk with my wife around West borrow area, window shopping and a nice meal in one of the little restaurants.  It's been a long while since I walked anywhere, with no real goal in mind.

Life is getting better!

I do have a bit of a self destructing pattern.  This is when I start feeling better about myself and then order a large meat lover pizza, 2L coke and down it with some kind of chocolate snack.  Not this time.. 

Lessons Learned:

  • Don't bored eat, when bored I take on an extra ride around town.
  • Eating better, makes the bike ride better.

No comments:

Post a Comment