Wednesday 9 September 2015

Rear rack redesign, again.


No battery
With Battery
Putting the battery somewhere on the bike has been a bit of a challenge on this bike frame.  With it just sitting out on the back by itself, I lost some storage for stuff like "spare shirt, cell phone, etc.." So I came up with the idea to combined them together, which seems to be working just fine.  It's reduced any "clanking" sound from the battery holder at the same time.  With a bonus that my battery will have protection from the winter cold this year!  I can't believe I've already started thinking about winter riding.  Esh! 

I was really hesitant about doing this, as I had to poke holes and cut into my bag to achieve this but with the rule of measure twice and cut once, I think all will be well.

Side note: with this new frame I am holding the bike at 22km with no battery required.  Legs are feeling much stronger than before and I am finally starting to see and feel some weight coming off.  Some shirts that use to be a bit tight are starting to look loose.  Just a side effect of biking.

Leaving to work, it was raining and I didn't think twice about not biking in.


No comments:

Post a Comment