Friday, 17 July 2015

Rear breaks

I took apart the entire rear breaks, pads, etc.. and the pads on the cable breaks I installed, had a surface space of only a nickle.  Which means, it can't stop anything really.

So I gave up on cleaning the breaks and went with a brand new rear break set and disk.  Apparently the rear break that I picked up is one of the best cable break calibers that are available.  So now it's just about making the adjustments required but from my initial go.. the bike does stop better than before.

Now to go for a long ride and see how the breaks work out!  Here's hoping I can stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment