So my hydraulic cables are leaking, after filling them back up, I lost pressure right away and found fluid on the ground. So now it's time to swap to a cable based system.
So after replacing my breaks from hydraulic to a cable based system, my first "test run" went great. I stopped and didn't feel as if the breaks were sliding on the disks. But turning around, I found my breaking performance dramatically decreased. Going for another run, my breaks almost didn't work at all!
I got back home and inspected the breaks, they look like they are stilled aligned, so it wasn't something came loose. Then I touched the disk itself... and my hand was kind of black. So the hydraulic fluid spilled onto the disks. Taking the pads off the bike, they were ruined! Brand new... disk pads.. GONE!
So now it's degreasing time and new pads as the new ones and the old ones were all wrecked.. That's 4 sets of pads lost within a single day. I am AMAZING!!!
I'm near the finish line... getting ready to ride this beast that I've created. I sure hope it will be worth it all.